Bordeaux 2018 Left bank
Support Bordoverview: buy your Bordeaux 2018 primeurs at Bolomey Wijnimport Amsterdam.
Read about Bordeaux 2018 on Bolomey Blog. Follow Bordoverview on Twitter.
- Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée (AOC)
- AOC stands for “Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée”. It tells you where the wine comes from, its origin. It also tells you that the wine is made according to the criteria of this AOC.
- Classification (Class.)
- Most of these wines belong to one of the Bordeaux classifications:
- 1st-5th GCC - The famous 1855 Médoc Grand Cru Classé Classification (61 wines). The list starts with the top 5 of 1st Classed Growths.
- 1st GCC a & b and GCC - The St-Emilion Premier Grand Crus (class a and class b) and the Grand Cru Classés.
- CB - The Médoc Cru Bourgeois Classification (1932). Last renewed in 2003 (with at the top the 9 Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel followed by the Cru Bourgeois Supérieur classed wines, this 2003 classification is used for the overviews 2004 - 2006). In February 2007 the classification was annuled by the Bordeaux Administrative Appeals Court, and in November 2007 it was decided that the classification would be continued but without the sub-classes at the top.
- CC Grav. - All Graves wines classified (1959) as Cru Classé de Graves are located in the Pessac-Léognan region (as individual AOC established in 1987).
- Size in hectares (Size)
- This column tells you what the size is of the property in hectares (ha). Note that seldomly all land is used to make the first wine of the estate. Most châteaux also make a second and even a third wine on the estate.
- Michel Bettane & Thierry Desseauve (B&D)
- French wine critics publishing in TAST. They rate the wines on a scale from 10 to 20. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Perswijn (PW)
- Dutch wine magazine. Wines are tasted by Ronald de Groot and are given 1 to 5 stars. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- René Gabriel (RG)
- Swiss wine critic publishing in WeinWisser. He rates the wines on a scale from 10 to 20 (except for Yquem 1937, this wine received 21 points). Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Consumer price in euro (Price)
- The price shown is the average initial consumer "en primeur" price with tax included. Use it as a guideline, as an indication to assess the prices that you encounter.
- Price change percentage (+/–)
- This column compares the initial consumer price of the displayed year with the consumer price of the preceding year. If both consumer prices are known, a percentage is shown for the price increase (+) or price drop (–).
|Fourcas-Loubaney||2005||Listrac-Médoc||CB Sup.||25||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||€ 13||+18%|
|Fourcas-Loubaney||2004||Listrac-Médoc||CB Sup.||25||·||·||·||·||13||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||€ 11||·|
Top - Restore default data